Monday, April 16, 2007

A Painful Day...

I was going to spend today’s lunch break posting an entry about my Willimantic Mishaps this weekend, but I am going to hold off for a day or two out of respect for the students killed in Blacksburg today. My sister, her boyfriend and many of their friends went to VT. I have visited a number of times. It is a cool, mountain school with beautiful “Hokie Stone”-covered buildings and views that are incredible. It is quiet, sprawling campus that brings together kids from across Virginia, not just the snotty, moneyed NoVa suburbs (yeah UVa, I’m talking about your lame ass!)

Why do these things happen? I have no idea, but I know it’s not going to end. America is the only place where this happens on a regular basis. It is our new tradition. We are a brutal, soulless bunch. We spend every waking second jockeying for better position—bigger cars, better houses, more influence, more stuff, better stuff. And those who can’t keep up and fall by the way? Well, they are not always happy about it…

Hopefully, everybody involved can find peace one day. And good luck to the rest of us.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home