Thursday, April 13, 2006

Part Two: The Aftermath

(See "View From the Front" before reading)
At that point we pulled out and had to tie the canoe to the roof of the car. This was by far the hardest part of the day. As soon as we stopped paddling the cold caught up. My hands were numb. My arms were spaghetti. But there I was trying to lift the canoe onto the roof and tie all those knots I didn’t learn in Boy Scouts.

Of course it could be worse and it was-we ended up putting a paddle in dog doodie before throwing them into the car. Now we were cold, wet, and numb; rolling down the road in a car with a canoe on top that could fall off at any moment that smelled of animal feces.

Let me tell you in my entire life, I have never had a better shower. Now you can imagine our surprise to learn at the awards ceremony that we came in first place - as the only boat entered in our class. It’s amazing what people will do for a free T-shirt.

Washboard
(p.s. already Thursday and no word yet about any outstanding canoe charges)

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Pepe said...

Oh, the dog doodie was the worst. I picked up a big chunk of it thinking it was mud. Still turns my stomach...

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home