Friday, January 27, 2006

Chronicles of the Open Mic (Taking the Plunge)

Well no one can question my desire to find people to jam with at this stage. Having burned through craigslist and plenty of other listserves/blogs and the like; I now find myself doing what I had hoped to avoid all along. That’s right its time to hit the open mic circuit. Recently, I have been thinking that it some ways the open mic is the musical equivalent of the Wednesday Nite. All are welcome and usually those who show up (for better or worse) represent views far out of the mainstream.

But as many of us know there can be a downside to allowing anyone to get up and perform. So now I will brave the perils of free expression and speech. Join me on my odyssey and see what can happen where everyone is welcome.

Washboard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home